Benevera Health is a payer/provider joint venture (JV) and population health management company. The JV among Harvard Pilgrim and several NH-based providers, including Dartmouth Hitchcock, Elliot Health System, St. Joseph Hospital, and Frisbie Memorial Hospital, was launched in October of 2015. This innovative venture brings together a health insurer and providers to break down barriers and develop a new model of delivering care.
The Senior Population Health Informaticist manages the analytics function for Benevera Health and also produces analyses. The position will establish the process by which analytic requests are identified, elaborated/designed, approved, coded, tested, and communicated – as well as the process to prioritize and schedule the delivery of analytic requests. Benevera Health uses analytics to identify populations for Care Coordination and support the ongoing monitoring of health care outcomes and quality measures. The goal is to use data to identify opportunities to improve how health care is delivered, improve patient health and well-being, and decrease costs so that Benevera Health can develop programs and processes to act on those opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Analytics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, Data Science, Health Informatics or similar
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, Data Science, Health Informatics or similar
Completion of prerequisite population health or informatics competency courses within first 6 months of position start date
- Requires knowledge of analytics and how analytics is used in helping both health care payers and providers manage care, quality, and costs
- Preferred: knowledge of performance management, tracking and improvement inclusive of appropriate STARS, HEDIS, CAHPS, evidence based quality measures and patient experience surveys
- Requires knowledge of relevant performance management, tracking and improvement and other outcome metrics
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic MSWord skills
- Willingness to learn new Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) data extraction and analysis tools and ability to determine the right approach to fulfill analytic requests – whether the COTS tool or by querying a database directly.
- Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) and/or R experience required; Advanced PL/SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Preferred: Advanced skills at data presentation and visualization techniques appropriate to the audience and which maximize understanding of data/analyses, including Tableau and/or Microstrategy
- Comfort in working in a multi-data source and multi-schema environment and tying data sources together either for one-time use or ongoing use
- Proactive identification, documentation, and communication of data or system issues and their impact to delivering against analytic requests. Ability to quickly and proactively identify temporary or permanent workarounds.
Critical Clinical Practice Competencies:
- Demonstrated program/project management and data analysis skills in population health management, including population health analytics and disease management, and financial optimization.
- Knowledge and experience with performance excellence and lean practices to improve quality and processes.
- Participates in ongoing education and skill set development.
- Use of datasets in identifying patients for Care Coordination as well as gaps closure in evidence based quality measures.
Critical General Competencies:
- Ability to establish a process by which analytic requests are identified, elaborated/designed, approved, coded, tested, and communicated – as well as a process to prioritize and schedule the delivery of analytic requests.
- Ability to understand the analytics produced by the Benevera Health partners to ensure Benevera doesn’t duplicate analytic requests or doesn’t confuse or contradict existing analyses by introducing alternative ones.
- Conscientiousness to the quality of data across its lifecycle and as its transformed and enhanced in the analytics process. Ability to develop a quality assurance plan whereby data is validated at specific gate points in the analytics process.
- Awareness of the analytic audience and ability to develop and present an analytic appropriate to the audience, including documenting meta data as to how the analytic was developed, the timeframe of the analysis, the scope (e.g., patients, costs, ambulatory events) of the analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in matrix environment
- Multitasking and prioritization of working in a high-volume environment with little supervision
- Reasoning and problem solving ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to supervise one or more informaticists on the team
- Working independently as well as in a team environment
Population Health Specific Competencies:
- Align the population-focused performance improvement strategy with the organization’s mission and goals
- Understand the concept of population health
- Ability to take data and turn it into quality improvement projects/Guide QI methodology teams/guide Plan Do Study Act cycles in the interim
- Summarize results for leadership and development of potential opportunity areas
- Identify populations and subpopulations focusing on resources that exist to help determine baseline measurements.
- Serve as a resource for other team members of the healthcare team for policies/available literature/studies, etc.
- Analyze data of populations and trends of at risk populations and convert data into actionable information
- Design and implement innovative planning and health improvement initiatives for priority populations
- Identify populations based on public health and other data sources applicable to the scope of the population health initiative
- Define potential resources that are required (professional and other) to enhance and or increase as well as maintain/support wellbeing status and deploy the roadmap to maintain/support wellbeing status
- Use analytics to track and trend the impact of individual and cohort management on health status, cost and efficiency of care processes
- Identify other domains of the health care industry, including but not limited to procedures, costs, appropriate care venues, referral patterns, etc. to study and identify opportunity areas
- Ongoing evaluation of the efficacy of the improvement strategies
- Set up studies to formalize results/outcomes
- Devise evidenced based disease self- management tools and lead implementation Performance Improvement (PI) measures
- Analyze data in high risk cohorts and set up studies to formalize results/outcomes
- Stay current on health informatics trends with value-based organizations, population organizations, and payers and providers
Location and Travel:
Office location is in Bedford, NH
Travel may be required as needed to locations mostly in the southern NH area. Attendance at monthly team meetings is required. Please email SMO-Info@BeneveraHealth.com to apply or for more information.